Tuesday 27 May 2014

Mindful hedge-cutting!

Work in progress
One Sunday morning I decided to put away the electric clippers and get out the hand shears to clip my hedge. This was partly out of respect for my neighbours (it was only 9am) but also because I quite fancied slowing the pace of life down after a busy week. Here are some advantages to 'mindful shearing':
  1. My stripey housemate stayed with me rather than dashing off in horror when the electric clippers fire up.
  2. It's safer particularly when balanced precariously on a step ladder - no electric lead to snip through (and yes, dear reader, I have done it!) or trip over.
  3. I didn't have to waste time trying to unravel said electric lead because we all know that however carefully you put it away, some nasty 'flex goblin' ties it in knots when you're not looking!
  4. You save money on electricity (you can take the girl out of the North.....).
  5. I could actually hear the birds chirping and even enjoyed the organ playing hymns in the baptist chapel across the road.
  6. I didn't spook any horses going past.
  7. It was better for my back as the hand shears are much lighter BUT it was still a good work out for the bingo wings, which, as I get older, are more determined than ever to help me become airborne!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you didn't disturb any birds nesting in there either ... :-)

    ReplyDelete