Monday 13 March 2017

Mole diaries: comfort, companionship, confidence

"No! Don't do this to me!" I joked as I was handed a little bundle of fur. This was my first encounter with Mole, he was 
2 weeks old. "If he licks my finger, then it'll seal the deal." Mole clearly agreed and licked my finger. Ten weeks later he came home and the love affair with this gorgeous man began.

What I wasn't prepared for was the significant impact this small hound would have on my life. I'm not talking about the sleepless nights due to the howling from his crate (he soon found his way onto my bed) or the exhaustion from toilet training, recall practise and general entertaining. No, I'm talking about the unexpected positive effect he has had on my self-confidence and social life.

His arrival soon caused ripples in a relationship that clearly wasn't working and with him by my side I had the courage to walk away. His company at dressage competitions helped me overcome the nerves I suffered following a bad fall from Wilbur. And, walking Mole has given me the perfect excuse to explore the beautiful countryside that surrounds us - with the added bonus that we meet lots of other dog owners who all stop to chat. Puppy training has resulted in human friendships, and Mole is quite the celebrity in the local coffee shops we frequent not to mention his important role as chief mascot for the hockey team. With his cute looks and friendly personality, he's the ultimate charmer!

Having a dog has been an incredible experience on so many levels and I cannot imagine life without my scruffy little urchin and best friend, Mole. Happy birthday gorgeous boy.





Kathryn White is owner and director of Cathean Ltd Medical and  Copy Writing Services. She is a published medical, copy and equestrian writer with a passion for creating compelling text in
collaboration with her clients. Her customers include pharmaceutical, healthcare and equestrian businesses across the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment